Public Awareness and Child Identification Resources
For more information on the status/history of the previously state funded Child Abduction and Abuse Prevention Education (CAAPE) program, and questions about availability of Child Identification Kit resources/services, you may contact:
Child Abuse and Abduction Resistance Education Services
Central California CARES
A project of Golden State YMCA
CARES’ Mission Statement
CARES purpose is to promote the safety and well-being of children by reducing the risk of child abuse and abduction, and to reinforce children’s resiliency to expedite the safe recovery of victims of child abduction and/or abuse.
CARES Provides the following services:
- Child abduction/abuse prevention education resources for children, parents, teachers, and service providers
- Training & technical assistance for prevention program implementation among schools, organizations and law enforcement agencies
- Training on California Mandated Reporter Child Abuse laws
- Participation in multidisciplinary state/regional teams and trainings
- Child Identification services/kits
Central California CARES/Golden State YMCA is a non-profit 501(c)3 charitable organization.